Are you in town for a few days and looking for something to do? How about you just moved into the community and want to throw yourself into everything it has to offer?
Don't worry about spending a fortune to do so, here is a list of places you can visit and activities you can take part in without costing you a dime!
- Play a round of golf at Roads End Golf Course while the weather is still warm.
- Take selfies around town. Popular spots include the polar bear at the airport, beside the Inukshuk near the Mackenzie Hotel and in front of the Igloo Church.
- Visit the Town Office and pick up a free souvenir pin and your Certificate of Passage - North of 60°.
- Enjoy a drive down the Dempster Highway and stop at one of the many camping/picnic areas for a rest and maybe a bite to eat.
- Learn about Inuvik and the surrounding area by visiting the Western Arctic Visitor Centre during the summer months.
- Take part in one of the many events and festivals the town plays host to throughout the year.
- Hike, run, walk, or snowshoe around Boot Lake Trail, Inuvik's portion of the Trans Canada Trail.
- Strap your skates on and go for a skate, either outdoors or inside. The Midnight Sun Complex offers free public skating in the winter months.
- Window shop down Mackenzie Road, and take a peak inside the handful of shops.